Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Una última noche


Erin: Vickie, how you gonna get all that stuff into your suitcase?
Vickie: I don't think it's gonna fit.
Erin: What do you think you'll leave behind?
Vickie: Maybe this coffee, my half empty Coke. Do you want it?
Erin: I got one at the MiniMiniMini Mart.
Vickie: I gotta throw some of this out so I can get the Mot-Mot in.
Erin: Here, I'll leave my 10 pairs of shoes. On second thought, you leave YOUR shoes. Juan Jose will miss the smell if you don't.
Vickie: Maybe Chuck will let you get a rooster when you get home. A little something to remember this experience.
Erin: Vickie?
Vickie: Yes, Erin?
Erin: Vickie, you gonna miss me as much as I'm gonna miss the roosters?
Vickie: Probably even more.
Erin: Vickie?
Vickie: WHAT?!
Erin: What was your favorite thing about Costa Rica?
Vickie: Seriously?
Erin: Yeah.
Vickie: Laughing til I cried... on the bus... in class... at dinner... in our room...
Erin: At least you only laughed until you cried.
Vickie: Erin? What was your favorite thing about Costa Rica?
Erin: Huh? Sorry. I wasn't listening. I'm almost 3 stars on level 2 of Angry Birds.
Vickie: I said what was your favorite thing?
Erin: I loved that I got to stay with my cohort-- I miss that when we have class in Atlanta. I loved taking walks through the garden here at the Sheepfold. I loved that we were brave enough to ride the bus. In the dark. All by our big-girl selves. But ya know what?
Vickie: What?
Erin: I feel changed.
Vickie:How so?
Erin: I feel like having shared this experience together -- that we have all learned how we're all a part of God's Ethnicity.
Vickie: The KIN-dom.
Erin: Yeah.
Vickie: I'm pretty sure that'll fit in my suitcase just fine. Thanks be to God.
Erin: Word, mi mujarista favorita.

No comments:

Post a Comment